Fine and Decorative Art Valuation Service
We value a wide range of items for our clients on a daily basis.
Valuations are provided without obligation. However, many of our clients are keen to sell their art or antiques on the international art market. We are well linked to an extensive range of international specialists all of whom are leaders in their respective fields of expertise. We work in close cooperation with the appropriate specialist to provide our clients with a current market or insurance valuation.
The valuation will determine the best point of sale. Our advice is
determined by our business principle to ensure the greatest financial
benefit to our client. We not only advise whether it would be appropriate to sell the item on the international or national market, but also on the most appropriate sell method.
International Sales and Shipping
In the event that we advise our clients to sell on the international market, at auction or by private treaty sale, we (Gilfillan Scott-Berning offers advice on buying and selling at international auction and) will coordinate the shipping arrangements, customs clearance and insurance coverage on behalf of our clients. Furthermore, (the process is monitored...etc) we monitor the shipping process, liaise with the sale specialist before and after the sale and nursemaid the process until our client has received their payment. This liaison is vital given the great distance between South Africa and Europe and the United States.
Gilfillan Scott-Berning have established a unique online sale catalogue for items to be sold (most appropriately) on the national market. This does not automatically imply items are of lesser value as there are many
collectible sale categories that fetch equal, if not higher prices, in
South Africa when compared to the international market. In addition,
Africana and South African 19th and 20th Century art continue to command the greatest interest and best prices locally.
Gilfillan Scott-Berning have created a unique national and local sale point in their fine and decorative art online catalogue..
- Valuations of items for sale
- Advice on the best sale point for your artefact on the local or international market to ensure the greatest financial benefit to you, whether by
- Private treaty sale – the confidential, direct and sure way to sell, or
- International art auction, or with
- Gilfillan Scott-Berning art on-line
- Advice on buying and selling at auction
- Monitoring the process, including liaison with the specialist, once items have been put forward for sale
- Coordinating, shipping arrangements and insurance coverage
- Personalized, professional guidance on buying and collecting for pleasure or as a Rand-hedged investment
Why not contact us now and see how we can help you. click here